Thursday, October 4, 2012

A window and a door

It's comfortable sitting next to this window where I can look out and see the trees and the sun and clouds, good weather and bad.  I can see the people doing what they do as they pass by.  I can wonder about where they are going, where they've been and what their lives must be like behind closed doors. I can dream about what I want to do and what I want to be.  I can imagine what it will be like when I get up and walk across the room to the door that opens up to my future.

The door is very inviting and I envision what it would be like to open that door and step out.  I have some idea of where it will lead.  I don't know what will happen on the way, but I do know where it CAN take me.  It would take  me to a place where I'm one of the people passing by windows where others are looking at me and imagining what my life is like behind closed doors.

It's comfortable sitting next to this window but the days are long and the view is limited to only what the window allows me to see.  I find myself staring at the door more often.  I think it might be exciting to walk over and just open the door a bit.  Perhaps the view outside the door, along the way, in the future, is more amazing than I can even dream about while sitting here next to this window.

I'm sitting further from the window now and it's not so comfortable.  The view is so small from here and the door is so close.  I don't think I can stay here much longer.  I'm afraid to go out the door, but I don't know what I'm afraid of.  I wish that I wanted to stay here comfortable next to the window.  Maybe I'll just close my eyes, stand up and reach in front of me.  If it's the window that I reach for, then I'll stay.  If it's the door...



No comments:

Post a Comment