Friday, April 20, 2012

How many men have YOU slept with?

Uh...  "Huh?"

My daughter... again, "How many men have YOU slept with?"

I'm sorry... "WHAT?"

Internal monologue:
WHAT IN THE FUCK is she ASKING me this for?  And WHAT is the RIGHT answer???  WHAT??

Daughter, laughing a bit and a little irritated at my non-answer, sitting next to her younger girlfriend..."Well, what is it... like 5?"

Internal monologue:
5??  Is 5 a good number or a bad number.  Let me see, uh, there was... uh...  Oh my God.  I would have NEVER asked my mother this question. And definitely NEVER in front of one of my friends (I would have told my friends later what she said...).  And how many men DID my mom sleep with?  Is it genetic?  I mean, the predisposition to sleeping with a certain number of men?  Think, think, think...

Daughter's friend, "Yeah, how many men have you slept with?"

"Well, how many men has your mom slept with?"

Internal monologue:
Whew... get the focus off me for a bit...

Daughter's friend, "I don't know.  I would never ask her, but I would like to know how many you have
slept with."

"Well, I'm not going to answer the question.  I am not comfortable sharing that information with you."

Daughter, "So you've had a one night stand?"

Internal monologue:
...................................................................................

Just walk away...

No comments:

Post a Comment